View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braun View Post
I dono. maybe I am wrong and the only one that sees that about your posts. Which is possible and maybe your posts just rub me the wrong way for who knows why.
I'm sure my posts rub alot of people the wrong way (some intentional... some not so intentional).

One of the main issues I have with using the "Asian description" excuse on this forum is that it provides no real benefit, except to stereotype. As an example, what if I owned a beige toyota sienna? I would honestly feel threatened, due to the attitudes on this forum. Imagine me and a couple of buddies coming out of a beige toyota sienna. Could I expect my tires to be deflated or slashed? Windows smashed? Maybe a physical altercation? How many ignorant yahoos does it take to cause some serious harm? Let me answer that... only 1. Lucky for me, I don't own a beige sienna, but I pity any Asian angler that does, because the only description we have is Asian.

Anyhow, the stories go on and on. Lucky for me, I don't typically fish the areas that have so far been "Asian poached", but I would be seriously uncomfortable fishing those lakes with some of the attitudes that get expressed on this forum.

Am I an expert in racism, poaching or fishing pressure? No, absolutely not, but that won't stop me from expressing my opinion and maybe helping to change things little by little.