View Single Post
Old 12-31-2007, 01:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy
While you are condeming the fact that MAYBE after the next 5 years landowners will be allowed to sell tags for their OWN land, but at the same time most will acknowledge that illegal payments are being made now!

We are NOT going to know how this works until the trial period is up. To say that paid hunting in Alberta is not happening right now is naive. Lets put a light on it and see if we can't find a way to manage it in a manner that best suits the habitat, the wildlife, the landowners and the resident hunters.
I notice that this post by TreeGuy was deleted, but I have to comment regardless. I realize there's devil's advocate involved here, but this logic is extremely poor.

Reductio ad absurdum alert!!!!
There's theft going on all the time, we can't seem to stop it, so rather than keeping theft illegal, maybe we should simply try to manage it.
Clearly that line of logic makes no sense. If there's illegal activity going on, put an end to the illegal activity.

As for seeing the progam through to truly know the results. That's undeniable. However, in my opinion, the entire philosophy of the program is flawed, regardless of the results, and that is what should be addressed.

Waxy