View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 10:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty9 View Post
And now, some people who don't like change don't want to share some of the habitat available? I think some old fuddy duddies should go back to Kindergarten. Case in point, Police Outpost Lake. A near perfect candidate for quality regs, but not without some serious opposition. Must EVERY lake be a 5 limit catch and kill dinker lake?
So you think that all Alberta anglers should give up their fishing lakes for every self interest group that is around? I suppose that you are willing to give up some of our lakes to PETA.........I'm pretty sure that they're against any type of fishing. Maybe there are scuba clubs that'd like to sink a ship in a lake to explore and for safety reasons boats shouldn't be allowed on it anymore.

After a province wide campaign by a special interest group(s) Police Outpost Lake was turned into a "quality" lake. We'll never know if that's what the users of the lake wanted or not. It might just as well have been every Tom, Dick and Harry UT guy in the province that railroaded that one through. Now what..........you don't like the guys that got railroaded complaining? Maybe everyone should just bend over and smile for you guys.

If you can't catch a big trout or you don't want to take the time and effort to catch one then why should that be anyone else's problem but your own?