View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post
i dont need to spend time with the alberta bio's to NOW know they failed in their duties....you and others have told me they failed the trout fisheries program and you want changes. Sorry im not sympathetic they get yelled at, if they cant handle the sand box take your pail and go home.
Howdy Chubby.

I respect your position. I would however note that most of the problems occurred by past fisheries custodians (ie biologists) and that slowly but surely there is a new paradigm in town. The old guard is leaving and new faces with new ideas tested in other places in Canada are coming into their own. They are also listening to fishermen versus to their own personal ideals of fishing. Regardless what HD says about the survey for Bullshead or Police...when in the past were any of us EVER consulted period. Never...until recently actual fishermen where in a take or leave it category. Now we are take it or change it...which for me is awesome!

The most important point to note is that fishing forums have given some direct insights into what people want. I am sure they don't make policy based upon it...but they do take notice and then they do the research and test the waters to see if they are meeting the expectations of the voting fishing public...cause it is US that pays their salary.

So to that regard...let's hope for some interesting and positive ideas...and hey...let's keep the dialog going on not just the topic of quality fisheries...but walleye, perch, cutts, bulls, tiger trout, splake, or what have you.

Let's hope they keep watching and motivated to make our fisheries the best it can be!

Cheers

Sun