View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 08:55 AM

ahhh sundance .. if you read post earlier by myself i have tryed to say my opinion on how to get what u want .. but it takes money and work.. if u stock bigger fish your growth rate is enhanced and that 10% survial is increased thus more bigger fish in the end in lake.. and if you don,t exced the lake productivity then you may have a chance but that can all change with pressure etc is it a good idea to aerate, yes , did i mention triploids yes i did.. are Tiger Trout a spawner not thought to be.. thus same as a triploid growth increased ..if you look at studys around the world on how to improve growth rates.. right under that productitiy post i ask u to read it shows how adding certain things in to your lakes add to productivity.. in the Northern Basin River study they had a experiment right at the mill showing that adding effulent(town and Mill mixed) added to the rate of plant,s plankton etc .. as part of my Water treatment job i had to moniter..

Now i tryed to say that when i was at Miskiki Lake last year for 5 days its a quality lake with a 40 cm ,no bait , cutthroat and brookie .. about 30 people came to lake and some camped fished .. of them 3 people caught legal fish so about 10 %.. of those people my opinion 10 % really where seasoned anglers.. Miskiki is a remote lake with not a lot of pressure.. we have those pit lakes in my area too they have a 50 cm size limit no bait same for them except in the first couple of years they will fish great(dumb fish sorry) u do a catch and release on a fish with 20 % mortality .. its like you going into the hospital for 1 day ,small operation u lose 10 # and takes you month's to recover .. if you add 200 anglers do you get what i mean

Last edited by Speckle55; 03-22-2011 at 09:01 AM.