View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertadiver View Post
I've got astigmatism in both eyes, -14 in one eye, and -11 in the other.

I got tested out at Lasik and my cornea's are too thin as I'm at the upper range of what is available for surgery.

So, I'm with breatheable soft lenses. It is so nice to not have glasses fog up coming in from the cold, and not having to clean my glasses constantly.

I wish I was eligable for the surgery though.
Sorry to hear that you can't get it done but you never know what future technology holds.

I had bad astigmatism but not as bad as yours. I was able to have the surgery done about 5 years ago and I went with VisionMed. They had at the time Vancouver location that had newer laser so the sent me over there for actual procedure. My eyesight after surgery was perfect but slowly the astigmatism was creeping back but so far I do not need to wear glasses as of yet. I might need a pair soon for watching TV. I think one eye last year was still 20/20 but the other is about -0.5 or -0.75 (can't remember for sure). I would have done a free touch-up surgery but my cornea is not thick enough for second try and the doctor said the risk would be too high for the small change that I would experience with the second surgery.

Overall I am still very pleased for going ahead with the surgery. Strongly recommend it to the people that can have it done.