View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPFisher View Post
I love these kind of questions on a public message board. Some people on here may have some in mind but do you really think there is an easy answer to this question. I certainly have my suggests but I would need real facts to back it up, and support. I'm no biolgist.

Tosh or Chubbdarter, can you tell me what answer to this question will do? Are you saying that it is okay to establish a trophy trout fishery but it depends on where to you? I.e. not in my neighborhood. I'm not asking to be ignorant, I'm just wanting to know.

Sun, from what I read several posts back, just wanted choices for our fisheries. Pure and simple to me but then it seems to go 12 different directions again.

I would hope as anglers that we are all really looking for the simliar experiences and the rest is just bickering on how we get there. Changes to management practices is a good thing. I have no doubt that further changes and trials are coming. That what we humans do, we try things out. Good and bad.
the question is important to prove they have done their studies and home work that prove the proposals have a chance of success. Its possible the habitat cant grow big fish no matter what reg changes are done.
I WANT that info first or this discussion is simply a excercise in the training of a vacumcleaner salesman. You cant blindly plant elephants in aberta either and later finding out Alberta doesnt have enough wild peanuts to make Big Elephants

Also if they state the lakes , its possible more excate info will be posted. For example if its lake xyz, its likely fisherman that fish and know lake xyz will speak up.Thats key info and its info that holds merit. Straight from the horses mouth.....just as i would accept any info you provided about a lake your intimate with.

Your not getting us old fuggers to change anything without FACTS. This is not like going to the 1 buck bargain bin at the fishin store and grabbing 2 hooks and saying 'oh well its only 2 bucks if they dont work'