View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosh View Post
in my opinion the bow river caters to fly fishermen, and is reflected on who fishes it. how many family guiding outfits on the bow ? how many fly fishing outfits? so if thats what you want is a stillwater program that is built for fly fishermn then i will gladly keep the regulations we currenlt have in place, and lots of others will too. i like going down to bow and i agree its a fabulous fishery but it does not reflect on what type of fishing the majority of albertans want and thus your plan has already failed.

nobody will tell me what lakes you want to change? you guys havent thought about it? jeez.......sounds like a solid plan to me.
You just sound like you are whining cause you can't catch any fish in the Bow. Clearly you are not part of the 5% that catches 95% of the fish (if you believe the stats)

You blame fly fishing which is just fishing doing it in a different style. Takes different skills that you might be afraid to try. I do all methods...try and expand your options then you won't feel left out.

One of my best friends uses a spinning rod and catches more fish than I do in the Bow. He has a great time. He can also fly fish but feels more comfortable catching them on a spin outfit. I am sad you can't but maybe with more practice you can.

Most flyfishermen started off spin fishing. For a variety of reasons most flyfishermen just find it a more fun way...maybe more challenging. Don't be afraid...try it.

Cheers

Sun