View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosh View Post
some lakes will be left as tiddler catch and kill?, so how many lakes do you propose to change?
Change "some" lakes to "most" lakes will be...
I honestly can't remember the percentage that SRD had given at the last round table meeting I attended a few years back, it was either 10% or 20% (Mr Anderson?) of all stocked lakes in the province will be targeted as quality lakes. Unfortunately, very few of those will be existing put and take trout lakes. There are so many lakes that only produce small trout and don't see much usage that could be turned into decent fisheries (like Chickakoo). When I was a young lad I used to catch 5lb brookies out of that lake on a regular basis and today you're lucky to see a trout get to 15 inches due to yearly winterkill. What an aerator alone could do for Chickakoo. There are just to many of these trout fisheries around, especially near major centers.

Quote:
I am glad to hear you kids catch them on the fly...does it mean kids who digs up worms for bait arent as good?....NO. kids just dont care about this stuff,they are there for one reason only, to have fun and i think some adults could take a page from their book.
I think the point Sun was trying to make is in response to kids having fun fishing for little fish. The kids may have just as much fun catching bigger fish and almost as many with different techniques and set-ups.

Quote:
this survey seems to me to be more about grown men who cant catch a 20'' fish than to improve the overall experience for everyone. maybe the problem is that you arent acually a very good fisherman?. There are days on the lake I get my butt kicked but not once do I think that its someone else's fault.
Or, maybe folks are just getting tired of catching a bazillion tiddlers all day? I know I get tired of it quick.

Quote:
the proposal/poll just seems to me like i am getting railroaded by a used car salesman......want a answer but with very little information or facts to base it off of.
Want answers? Ask away.