View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 12:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Your misdirection continues.

On one hand you say you can catch the odd bigger fish...yet you want no regulation changes to increase that number. Odd is a polite way of describing your odd way of thinking. Who wants to encourage bigger and bigger fish being caught. You have stated you love the status quo...yet poll after poll no matter how often you turn your back to the results shows more people want better fishing. Your response to the majority is tough luck...Dave likes the old way. Odd is describing someone who won't accept the thought that most people don't think the same way anymore.

You are very hesitant to say the simple thing and leave it alone such as let's improve some fisheries and leave some the way it is. You keep back tracking saying nothing should change. Would you agree if there was a more comprehensive poll that met standard polling logistics that said the majority wanted better fishing and by that they meant something along the lines of a quality fishery that you would accept that? If 95% wanted quality fishing...would you then accept that 95% of the lakes can be used for quality fishing? You state that 95% want the status quo and therefore it should stay the same...are you willing to put your acceptance on the line if at some point this poll was done?
Correct. I enjoy the challenge that it takes to catch a big fish and I don't want to make it easier for myself. Weird eh?

You are not paying attention again.................

Post #247

"I think that the best solution to confirm either way what anglers want is to ask SRD to conduct a survey of all licensed anglers. It should include a section with the number of children in the home and the counts of the children should count towards how the angler votes. This would cover licensed anglers as well as their children that will inherit the fishing waters from us adults. The only group not covered would be seniors and an online or similar poll could be available for them. Is there any logic to my thinking?

If done fairly, whatever the results, I would be happy to live with it. As I have previously stated, I do see an upside with easing the fishing pressure in harder to get to lakes as a result of creating easy to get to "quality" fisheries close to large urban areas like Calgary and Edmonton."

Now get with the program will ya.