View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
So you are saying that because the attached poll shows that 95% of the people that voted on it want "quality" fisheries this is representative of what the results would be if all anglers throughout Alberta were polled?

I can't explain it any better to you than I already have as to why it's not . Maybe my brain is just wired differently than yours.
Your whole argument is that a large percentage of a random group of fishermen across Alberta who are members of AOF have voted 95% in favour of change and you don't believe that is accurately reflecting at least a desire of 50 +1 % to move towards change. I don't want to insult anyone of AOF by assuming we are not reflective of the whole...I can not see how AOF could be elitist in our attitudes. It seems based upon posts there is a wide range of people and attitudes on here.

You feel that this poll could be inaccurate and that if all fishing Albertans were polled that 95% would be in favour of keeping the regulations exactly the same.

Interesting theory...but plausible no. Could a true poll be closer to 70% in favour of change...15% against change and 15% unsure...yes...I could say there is some error in the reporting...but within a range that is not like you insinuate.

IMHO.

Last edited by Sundancefisher; 03-03-2011 at 12:27 PM.