View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 01:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
Bigtoad, I'm not slamming you with the following comments about your poll however......you can create any poll that you want in order to achieve the results that you desire. Whether consciously or not, that is what happened with your poll IMO. The choices that were presented, other than for the C&R anglers that have no interest in eating fish, created a skewed poll. No big surprise there.

If you worded the poll differently or offered different options you would have came up with different results. For example, instead of saying "a good chance of catching 12"" you had said "with an average size of 12" with a chance of catching 16"" the poll would have been had different results. There are allot of different combinations that could have been used that would change the results of the poll everytime. Do you know what I'm saying?

Like I said, this is not a slam against you, your poll maybe , but not you personally. I knew just from reading the poll options what your position was and the results that you wanted to achieve. If a good ol' boy like me can see it, I'm pretty sure that the talking heads at SRD will as well. I'm just sayin'.......
I noticed this too, it's called a push-poll, politicians use this polling method often to always get the answer they want,,, faux-democracy.

However, someone intiated a debate and honestly even the mudslinging between a few provided a decent crosscut of an Alberta Angler.

How about a debate on how and what questions are asked?

I still don't know what degree of quality people regard as quality?

Is this poll for those up Edmonton way only?

What is a good fishing day? Limiting out? Catching 3-25 inchers? Seeing big risers? Having a great day on the water with nary a fish in sight? What is the age of the anglers? How often do they target Trout?

You know, Bigtoad, I think there are steward programs where you could gather a team and manage a lake.

Hunter makes a good point though, about joe fisherguy who discovers his local pond is now designated flyfishing only.

The poll needs to be more chunky, a few pages at least.