View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 02:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin'fool View Post
I hope, Gustav, that you think I was insinuating that I want all put and take lakes gone. NO way - I have kids, nieces/nephews; In fact I have alot of friends and family who aren't regular anglers whom I take down to these types of lakes to catch some fish/expose them to angling/nature...etc.

I just don't fish these lakes for myself as catching these types of fish brings me no enjoyment. But, I do utilize these lakes for my above reasons, and; therefore, am grateful for these dinker lakes as well.

The main issue here is "the need to create some diversity in our stocking program in order to cater to all Albertans". I realize you can't please everyone, but I do know that we could make some changes to please more than just the current "putandtake majority".

Again, great discussion everyone. I like this one!!
No no at all, I didn't get your posts as anything negative,, I was hoping you understood me as a similar thinking fisherman.

There is a wide array of why people fish; I'm from the side that I'm happy to still get to fish (with my Dad and he with his Grandkids) or snooze on a riverbank all the live long day. If he was sprite he could easily guide people on where the big ones are but those spots will go to the grave with him. His answers are the same "They're out there, you'll find them!"

We were talking last night about fish management and we always come round to coldwater lakes/streams and the growth rate of those fish to fish in warmer lakes/streams. It's an important issue especially with broad-ranging regulations.

I'm opposed to heli-charters into mountaintop lakes,,, the accessibility or lack thereof is the conservation method. But that's a whole nother thread.