View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin'fool View Post
...BUT that's just me - there are plenty of people out there who would be tickled pink to be able to catch 30-40 dinkers in an outing. I believe the gov't needs to accomodate the public in a broader fashion, not have to go and create our own freakin' lakes.

These lakes are very accesible to the general public and will cater the the vast majority of folks who enjoy catching lots of small trout. Perfect - both sides win.

I hope, Gustav, that you think I was insinuating that I want all put and take lakes gone. NO way - I have kids, nieces/nephews; In fact I have alot of friends and family who aren't regular anglers whom I take down to these types of lakes to catch some fish/expose them to angling/nature...etc.

I just don't fish these lakes for myself as catching these types of fish brings me no enjoyment. But, I do utilize these lakes for my above reasons, and; therefore, am grateful for these dinker lakes as well.

The main issue here is "the need to create some diversity in our stocking program in order to cater to all Albertans". I realize you can't please everyone, but I do know that we could make some changes to please more than just the current "putandtake majority".

Again, great discussion everyone. I like this one!!