View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 11:03 AM

Somehow we've all got to realize that there are some really great people in the force, that they are hogtied by a non-functional system that crucifies them when they try to deal with some of this garbage internally for being troublemakers. FWIW- I think that is the #1 issue behind alot of this.
It doesn't just exist in this enforcement agency either, DFO and SRD have the same sorts of issues. Perhaps a look into the basic training in Regina might be appropriate. Maybe check into a common sense course instead of the computer generated images of crooks pulling guns on the recruits without any provocation. By the time some of these boys leave Regina, they have it drilled into their head that everybody they deal with potentially wants to kill them.
Before Mayerthorpe et al gets thrown up at me, do you really think that those four boys might have had a better chance by going in guns drawn? That's a very unfortunate situation that I think might only have been dealt with by trying to reason. Makes a man wonder whether or not that guy might have been through a "Sandboe" situation and decided he wouldn't go through it again.

Just my own thoughts.