Thread: Lease Land
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2007, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 700TI View Post
Since when does it matter what activity your doing on the lease. As long as it's legal. Access is the issue, not hunting. Once you have access for recreational activity, you can hunt any legal game you want. Tell the leaseholder your going fishing, if you happen to see a bull, all the better.
I would think for fishing the only reason they could keep you off is because of a fire ban. But honestly I would think most would allow fishing because they have no financial interest in fishing.

Unfortunately in the case of hunting if there is cattle on the quarter you want to access they can keep you off.

I'm going to let this one go now, it boils me too much just thinking about it. I went throught the whole process a few years ago. Unfortunately there are loopholes, however most leaseholders that want to give no access step way over their rights, with the majority of the public saying nothing.

Just try to get access to Coppithornes lease that one outfitter is actively hunting. I don't want to turn this into a rant against outfitting, but its hard not to when they can sew up so much public land all under the premise of the Ag disposition act.

They hunt it, as well as outfit on it, IF they grant access they try to tell you what you can and cannot hunt, tell you to park at their house when you want to access the lease off of a hiway miles from their house, tell you it is all booked for the season. Bottom line is they have the vehicle to make it a P.I.T.A. to get access if they so desire.