View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 05:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudelpointer View Post
I am amazed that there are outdoorsmen on here that think having a dog in the field with you is unethical or provides the hunter with an untenable advantage! How is this possible.

Now I can understand resistance to hunting deer with hounds (not saying I think it should be banned in other jurisdictions, just acknowledging how most westerners feel about the issue) but we are talking about having the ability to have a dog, carrying stuff I am assuming you would not want scattered all over the place, walk beside you while hunting. There must be a lot of "cat people" lurking on here.

And Nait Hadya, seriously? How did that cougar get in the tree in your avatar? Are you assuming that all dogs run wild like those hounds?
JMO But I don't think that the concern is about the dogs that will walk beside you while hunting, it's about the other dogs that might end up out there. I'd be the first one to vote in support of this proposal if the regs were adjusted a bit to clearly define what being a pack dog is and what he can and cannot do. I don't think that merely saying that a dog can't assist in the hunt or harass wildlife is clear enough and is open to interpretation.