View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 09:46 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
I'm not saying that dogs can't be trained, I'm saying that there are traits in some breeds that you just can't train out of them. They've been bred for centuries to be a certain way and it's pretty hard to train all of the instincts out of them. Just when you think that you have they'll prove you wrong.

:
I've got a herding dog that's instinct is to herd. He herds when I tell him to and doesn't when I tell him not to....that's a well trained dog. You keep talking about instincts. A pack dog needs to be trained to walk at heel and lie down....doesn't seem to me that requires a special breed.

If you want to talk high energy, I've got a border collie...he still walks at heel when I tell him to and lies down when he's told. Obviously you've never been around a well trained dog.

Possibly we should shut down all hunting then because it's all a pandora's box. Come on Dave./..we are the only mountain jurisdiction that doesn't allow it...I ask again why are we so different that it wouldn't work here.....