View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
Where did this -- everybody is out to get me paranoia come from--? I am quite certain that if the powers that be wanted the bow season on a draw,they don't need to go through a lot of fanfare. They just announce it and we as hunters follow the rules . There is no big conspiracy against bow hunters by their fellow sportsman. If there is ,nobody called me to let me in on the game.
When i said in my first post on this topic that I was in favour of the xbow and gave my reasons, I didn't realize that i was going to be called- lazy ,unskilled ,stupid , uninformed ...over and over. I have my reasons for wanting the crossbow included and it has zip to do with trying to wreck another hunters season. I rarely participate in the draw system as it is , I put in this year but not last and 999 my draws most of the time when I do put in. I hunt White tail for the most part and don't have a lot of time other than weekends .
I hunt for the enjoyment of it , I enjoy eating wild game but my life doesn't depend on it ,I mean gawd it is the most expensive way in the world to try and fill your freezer!! I don't trophy hunt but will take a nice buck if I have the opportunity , mostly I am content with a nice fat doe or two.
I am not out to try and ruin yours or anyone else's hunt! for heaven's sake ,take a chill pill and relax, anyone who knows me ,knows I would help anyone out that needed it (yup I would even help Grinr if he was in a bind).But I still would like the chance to hunt in the bow zone with a xbow if I so choose,without being slandered as a lesser hunter for it.
Easy big guy.....
And I didn't come in here to be called selfish and an elitest either dude.
It's ok for YOU but not me !!!!!
And for the record I haven't bow hunted my self for the last 4 years because of injuries and time restraints.
And you know what. I hunt for the enjoyment and Me and my family like the meat as well.
And .... huh.....if I need to take a chill pill you need a handful!!