View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 12:49 PM

Default Wife says "Move the coyote guns back to safe when not in use".

A few weeks ago guess the boss was tired of vacuuming around the 22-250's parked in the living room so asked if they would be going back to the safe soon. I replied no since a coyote gun on a bird farm is generally useles if always locked up so I like to keep them "handy" for both myself and my son. Seems she banged them with vacuum power nozzle so hoped they would be out of way "soon".
Now I had to go back to Ontario for a week due to an urgent family matter so had not done any coyote hunting since the beginning of the month until this week. I killed one Sunday at the neighbors and when I walked up to him I was surprized the SXSP had done so much pelt damage as a good 6 inch slit had opened up on the neck. When I fired this coyote was walking away from me so I was aiming for rear when he stopped and looked back at me.
This morning on a broadside shot I walked up to find out the hit once again was in the neck so it appears the rifle is consistently shooting to the right.
Talked to the boss when I got home this morning to see how hard the rifles were "knocked" by the power nozzle and found out both were knocked over while sitting on bipods. Guess I am sighting in again this afternoon and putting them away when not in use in the future.