View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Guy View Post
The more I think about this the clearer it gets. The only conclusion I can come up with is it is a marketing scheme. Plain and simple.
The whole x-bow thing..... if you really want to hunt in bow season than buy a bow !! Gee whiz..
I compare it to a ''fly fishing only water'' Should I lobby to be able to use a wobbler and a worm !! Come on guys, bleeding heart syndrome comes to mind.
Actually there is no fly fishing only water here in AB,,,,, in BC, yes, but not here. There are restrictions on terminal tackle such as no bait and barbless etc. Perhaps the hunting comparable would steel shot requrements in waterfowl hunting,,,, minimum bullet and calbre standards forweight,,, arrow length and bow weight,,, etc.

The issue seems to be whether crossbows should be included in archery seasons,,, why don'twe leave current archery, general seasons as is and add a couple week "strings season" for archery and cross bow after the general season is closed. No extra tags, draws stay the same,,,, just more opportunity for hunters who want to hunt with bow or crossbow while not impacting the firearms hunters current opportunities.