View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plummerbutt View Post
The neoprene holds moisture against the dogs body and they freeze twice as fast. We hunt without it and she stays dry, with it and she is soaked. I have a skid plate that we use when there is no snow or moisture. But agin, with any snow or moisture it works against the dog. At least thats my expirience with these short haired dogs. Might be different for a Lab.
Good to see pics of a GSP with pheasants. I need to go get some farmed birds haha.

I was wondering, neoprene does not breath, but I have heard they are good with guys who have labs. I went with a fleece type vest which works well to keep the dog dry and warm except it snags. The neoprene would be more protective. I looked forever for a soft shell made by Columbia that would breath and not snag as much but could not find one in my dogs size. He is funny he actually likes it being put on now. But he is a wimp if out in the cold and he is not going for a run or hunting, when we let him out he runs straight to his heated dog house.

If anyone knows of a good vest that breathes and is field proof let me know? Or what are your experiences with neoprene.