View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecellitti View Post
Mountainguy,

It didnt hit rib on entry but did on exit. It was a good shot just behind the the left shoulder on the doe. I dont know how it would have reacted if it hit a shoulder at that range, as it may have done something differently but anyways its not like the deer here are anywhere as big as they are in your neck of the woods. I have read quite abit about the SST but dont always believe what I hear until seeing the results for myself, you know what I mean? E.J.
I hear ya...
I agree that bullet will do a good job everytime.....thats everytime the shooter can part the ribs. If always shooting at reasonably close ranges, or ranges that the shooter is effective in, then that bullet would work for deer,moose and elk !!
I shoot a moose a 1.5 weeks ago at 300 yrds that was feeding in some willows. By the time I got my rifle up and on my rest it had turned and started to walk back into the bush. I hit it a little far back and the bullet went in below the spine just below the backstrap in front of the hip, angling at about 45' quartering away.
The moose went about thirty yards and piled up dead.
I was using 180gr. interbonds out of my 300wsm.
I just dont know that a sst bullet would have done the same job. Possibly but questionable.