View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 08:08 PM

I hear you there; our son Tristan is the same age as your girl, and I wish I had more time to spend with him. I know it's a matter of making the time, but I have to finish building our new house; we're tiring of the Gypsy life we've been living during it's extended build time. His Mom has the patience of a Saint though, what with enduring my pickiness about the project. She knows at least the finished home will be worth the sacrifices. I hunted opening day, complete with occasional guilt pangs, but won't allow myself out again until the drywallers are started mid next week.

It kind of sucks when a favorite activity like hunting is only possible at certain times, and we wind up feeling guilty making time for ourselves. When you think about it, we deserve our time as well. Just strive for balance with family time and work, don't go working to an early grave and think about what might have been; make the trip worthwhile, don't merely focus on the destination.