View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 02:30 PM

Quote:
I've seen plenty of guys with a single reticle shooting a non magnum taking shots way outside the bounds of what I consider ethical too.
I have seen the same,there are slob hunters using every kind of equipment.

Quote:
I'd venture to say that the guy that buys the technology likely has the desire to learn to use it...
And some of those guys feel that if they buy the right equipment,they no longer need to practice.It can work either way.

Quote:
I was talking about the group that is willing to listen for 10 minutes.
Of course that also depends on who is doing the talking.From what I have seen,other shooters are most likely anxious to listen to the shooters that they see demonstrate the greatest shooting skills.We have many people at the range using high tech equipment that really don't shoot exceptionally,so other shooters don't normally ask them for help or advise.On the other hand,there are several regular shooters at our range that demonstrate well above average shooting skills,and they are often asked for help or advise.An average or slightly above average shooter that tries to give other shooters advice at our local range won't usually find many people willing to listen to him.