View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 01:09 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Well said!Unfortunately most hunting shows only show the good hits,and the misses are edited out.Unfortunately, consistently making long range kills under hunting conditions isn't always as easy as it looks on television.
Can't comment on other shows but I do know the info you quoted is all part of the 10-minute instruction....still 9 minutes left

Obviously technology doesn't trump physics like those imparted by wind or angle and I'm not so sure why you are so deperate and keep bringing them up...no one is arguing with you. Technology or old school...physics is the same and should be treated with the same respect. All I've said from the onset is that most people are far better shots than they think they are and you put some technology in their hands and give them some instruction and under appropriate long-range shooting conditions, they can routinely hit a target at 500 yards...whether that be metal groundhog or live mule deer. All of what you are arguing applies to old school seasoned vetran or technology equipped newbie. Truthfully, it's often easier to stress the limitations of long range shooting to a newbie than it is a seasoned cocky shooter.