Thread: sunday hunting.
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 10:57 AM

i'd be willing to bet that sunday hunting in zone 108 wont happen anytime soon. a lot of religious folk down here to the point that in towns like magrath NOTHING is open on sundays. what chance do we hunters have if there's a county vote made up of the landowners that attend church on sundays and enjoy their quiet time at home with family after church? I am not laying blame or faulting anyone for their decision to not allow hunters on their property or for being a church member but I think this is where the church wins out over us hunters. also, a vast expanse of 108 is no hunting and these are church owned ranches ie. knight ranch, over 100,000 acres, owned by the LDS church and no hunting, ever. i think it would be a lot easier to get sunday hunting implemented way up north where there is very little private land. and just a reminder to the nova scotia hunters that driving across alberta is a much bigger trip than driving across nova scotia just to get a sunday hunt. i guess it just boils down to wanting to get out and hunt more. again, imagine only 3 days of fishing?? I would have to be institutionalized!! lol

M