View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
I totally agree but a lot of the new Metis of convenience don't see it that way. I'm all for the rights of subsistence hunting entrenched in our constitution......sadly, some of the new Metis of convenience see it as a licence to poach. And sadly, depending on this court decision, that licence to poach may become the law of the land. It seems many of the new Metis of convenience cowardly shroud themselves in the rights that some still rely on the feed their families. Therein lies the rub.
I do not agree to the term cowardly. The Metis are fighting the Alberta Government out in the open. They knowingly risked equipment siezures, fines and imprisonment, and employment opportunities.

I wonder how many people on this forum, including yourself, would put everything on the line to fight for what you believe in, against an oppressive Provincial Government run by a few politicians with their own personal agendas at heart.

The Metis are a proud part of the Canadian history.

One of the leaders of the Alberta Government is a person who wants to extinguish all Aboriginal rights not only in Alberta but in this country. He was nurtured in his homeland to the South and brings it up here into Canada. The taxpayers of Canada are duped into paying for his egotistical campaign.