View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 06:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClash View Post
well that is ok cause podman has an aversion to cleaning his rifles haha
Yep I agree with the durability of that rifle. It was made as a cheap easily maintained assault rifle, The VC used them alot along with the AK 47. Just like that AK, you can throw it in the mud and still see it never jam. As far as accuracy goes, I guess it depends on the ammo you get. there's chec ammo romanian and Chinese as well as Russian. some is accurate and then again some aint. as I said, some years ago, I took my Russian rifle and mounted it into a choate dragonov type stock,bought a dust cover that would take a scope, and a Harris bipod. I even modified the magazine so that I could remove the whole thing like a standard mag. a bit of welding on the mag and some grinding and you have a removable mag. If you do a slight mod to the bottom of the breech block, you can remove the mag with the bolt closed. Look closely at the sides of the bolt you'll see a slot running along each side of the bolt. This is for the magazine lips. when the mag is in the rifle, the bolt moves forward and to the rear as the rifle cycles. I showed my modified rifle to a friend of mine, he was so impressed, He had me do it to his and then some others got involved as well. it works neat. If you want, I can show you how to modify yours. Email me armouredtrooper@hotmail.com