View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 12:18 PM

As an example because of this thread I have had request in PM's and on my map thread for access to it. Again I have sent them all out. But I recieved one reply back that I think some of you should read. When ever I send out my map I send this header along with it;

Here is the link to my map. I started it for myself to keep track of spots I had fished on the Bow above Gap Lake. It has since turned into something more with over 133,000 views. This map is a gathering of fishermen willing to share locations and help others enjoy this great sport we all love. There is no obligation to add locations , but feel free to share if you have something contribute.

I will ask that you respect all locations as if they were your own ,and Keep all of your posts detailed. GPS is a great idea to add to you posts. Any locations not named will be deleted I will try and send you a mesg granted you have created the Google map profile.

As well a Google Map profile will allow you to keep in touch with other collaborators on the map but is not necessary. But most of all Good Luck out there , and Stay Safe. If there is any problems or questions please feel free to send me a msg.

And the responce I got;

Thank you so much for adding me to your map, to be honest with you this is my second year hear in Alberta and I do not know much of the spots rather than what I heard from my friends and my coworkers , but this is my next step to examine these spots and I will participate with others through your handy map.

Be sure that I will use your map spots ethically and in profession manner.

Thanks again!

That is what sharing locations and information is all about.

I do agree that a small fishery could be wiped off the map if it was over exposed. But there is that odd chance that exposing it will at the same time allow some responsible anglers to protect and Cherish it as well. Left to its own eventually it will succumb to fishing pressure , pollution or what ever the case may be.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15h...ec&usp=sharing