View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishootbambi View Post
im ok with making a few more zones archery only. there are so many acreages in the calgary to edmonton corridor it could open some things up where landowners now say no to guns.
as for people not mistaking their buddy for a moose....well he was not a buddy, but my hunting partner was shrieking for his life a few years back. full camo head to toe stalking a mule buck he came through a patch of trees to see some fool at full draw pointing a broadhead at him. the screams of "holy f--k dont shoot me you idiot" are clear as heck to me still. i was on the other end of that chunk of bush on the escape route. you hear that kind of terror in a friends voice and itll get your anxiety up quick. there are idiots everywhere potty.....bowhunters too.
Obviously someone was there that shouldn't have been. At least with a bow you have a chance to scream , usually with a gun you don't hear the bullet that kills you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ View Post
I've been bowhunting for 30 years, and only ONCE have I ever had the chance to take a 2nd shot. ONCE in 30 YEARS. ONCE.
Once for me as well, I guess we get all the smart deer Russ!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishootbambi View Post
it wasnt me, but i have a friend on video missing a mule buck 4 times. the thing just stood there looking at us. the only reason he didnt miss more is thats all he had in his quiver. at the range he outshoots me hands down, but buck fever got him good. its been 10 years since i tookk that video, but still feel a need to watch it whenever he's over. oh yeah....25 yards by the way...a shot he hits the 10 ring 95 times out of a hundred.

Well I guess some deer are like some people I know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
Funny, I don't feel safe in the countryside when the city boys invade it either
Yup I agree, If it wasn't for bowhunting I wouldn't hunt.........Except maybe sheep, cause most of those guys that freak me out, never come up top where the view is.