View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 10:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishootbambi View Post
ok justin, i see where you are going. srd has a set number of animals that they think is right to come out of a given wmu. if the bow harvest goes up, then the bowhunt will go to a draw to maintain the harvest to what they think is right. lets deal with one issue at a time. we can talk about draw changes that might or might not be in that thread. so, if the archery harvest goes up, then archery hunting will be reduced through draws. seems to be what would be best for the resource in that case (again dont bring up srd's numbers for target harvest in this one). so in short, by allowing xbows in archery season, archery harvest goes up and archery hunting opportunity will be reduced. the truth is, that is what the bowhunters dont want to give up. what they perceive as their exclusive right to buy a mule tag and in some areas a moose tag EVERY year is being threatened and that is what 45 or so pages of discussion really comes down to. the xbow itself isnt even the real root of the problem here. as i have said, if overnight vertical bowhunters were to double, then all the same scenarios would be staring us in the face. a few guys here keep saying vertical is the only way to bowhunt, but if their own numbers doubled....same cries would be heard. there have only been a few anti-xbow guys willing to admit what is obvious.
I agree with you about vertical numbersincrease would do the same. As for that there are a lot of them that should not be out there either. That is why You should have to prove you are capable to even use one. Not just go buy on shoot for an hour and go hunting in the morn.As for draws That is a big part of the issue.I dont want to have to sit at home every year cause I have to wait for years for a tag.