View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 03:44 PM

I just don't like the way that that things are heading. Is it the hunters of Alberta pushing for crossbow and muzzleloader seasons or is it the industry? I know that when it come's to total hunter numbers that alberta is a drop in the bucket in comparison to other areas in north america so selling crossbows and muzzleloaders will help only the local industry. I do not buy the " It will get the more hunters in the field so that there is more hunters to fight the good fight against the anti's" slogan that I have heard. I just think that we need to look at the whole picture and the hunting quality before we jump into the system that so many states have gotten themselves into. I work with landowners on a daily basis and I here the fustrations with the extended season for deer and elk in the eastern part of the province. Most of them don't mind hunting they don't like hunters on there land for five months of the year. I saw paved truck trails in every section of land in some of these areas. The story that a few bad apples wreck it for everybody is becoming more that just a few. If these new seasons materilize maybe they should be for specific areas. I guess I just don't like the commercialization of huntin. More commericialized hunting becomes the more money in some people's pockets I guess.