View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 04:28 PM

Now that I'm fired up, another couple of things:

As a group, the ABA, not bow hunters, are a very selfish bunch. Requests of "adding" days to the season by changing the opening date, but not conceeding any bit to any other group. Would the ABA be in favor of a rifle only season for November? Doubt it.

As a bow hunter, why would you be opposed to having more hunters in the field? I'm pretty sure that the portion of money from tags sold to the rifle hunting only group far out weights the archery group. So, why is the archery season 3 times longer, and growing in areas? I understand the success rate is lower, but hey suck it up, and get more time in the field if you want to be successfull.

And another thing, enough with hacking on the type of equipment and archer chooses to use. I've never looked down on a fellow hunter for using a long bow, and handicapping themselves slightly. Nor a rifle hunter for choosing open sights over a scope. But, I seem to hear a whole bunch of complaining everytime someone does something to their advantage. "Hmmf, range finders are for rookies, I practice more than you and can judge distance down to the inch", "Hmmf, sights and wheels on bows are for lazy hunters. I can shoot instinctive out to 50 yards and never miss a shot", "Hmmf, waddaya need a magnum for. A .243 can drop anything around ya just gotta practice more. Just like me."

It sure does get old reading some of the dribble on this site sometimes.