View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocks View Post
Well here's a couple more facts:

Anyone who wants to hunt with a crossbow can do so anytime they want during general season.

Crossbows in archery season will increase harvest numbers, and lead to general tags going on draw.

Increased harvest during bow season will likely lead to decreased allocations during general season.

Looking at those it seems things are pretty good the way they are right now.
I usually try not to get involved in emotional "frays", BUT as I see it, more negatives than positive will come out of this. The list above is pretty much a guarantee of the outcome if the crossbows were allowed to share the same season as BOWS. I hunt with bow AND rifle and have discussed with many from both avenues. I for one know a lot of rifle hunters that are waiting impatiently for the crossbow to be included with the bow season and if it does they will rush out and purchase one. It's funny they don't have one now because it can be used during the general season. Im sure there will be a handfull of "passionate" x-bow hunters (the ones that are already utilizing their use in the general season), but the majority will be a rush out and buy, then head out into the field with very little practice. The same kind of guys that don't even fire a box of shells prior to rifle season.

Aim Small Miss Small