View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 01:31 AM

The Chinese repeating crossbow (Chinese: 諸葛弩; pinyin: Zhūgě nǔ; Wade-Giles: Chu-ke nu; literally "Zhuge crossbow"; sometimes misspelled as Chu-ko-nu) is a device with a simple design. It is commonly believed to have been invented by the Chinese strategist Zhuge Liang (181-234 A.D.) of the Three Kingdoms period. However, this belief is false as the earliest repeating crossbows (found in Tomb 47 of Qinjiazui, Hubei province) were dated to the 4th century BC.[1] Zhuge Liang improved the design of the repeating crossbow, and made a version which shot two to three bolts at once and was used in massed formations, and for this reason, it was named after him.[citation needed]. Other repeating crossbows fired as many as 10 bolts before exhausting the magazine.[2]. The bolts of one magazine are fired are reloaded by simply pulling and pushing the lever back and forth.[3] Such action could fire 10 bolts in 15 seconds, after which a new magazine would be loaded.[4]. The repeating crossbow saw its last serious action in the China-Japan war of 1894-1895, where photographs show repeating crossbows as common weapons among Manchurian troops. The basic construction of this weapon has remained very much unchanged since its invention, making it one of the longest-lived mechanical weapons.

So if Xguns become legal, and most guys are taking the ar15, I'll go the traditional route, back to xguns roots.

I wonder what would stop people from developing something like this with new technology.......I guess the argument is you can fit 10 arrows on your bow as well!!!