View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 10:00 PM
Banned

i can see i left a little wiggle room for the argument to shoot off bipods/rested etc. in regards to the not being quite so easy to shoot as often made out to be....well, in this regard i'm going to head to the 'ethical' standpoint, if there was a bow for people to get started into bowhunting then this crossbow is IT! thank goodness you can rest them or bipod them!

that being said....when you come to full draw and anchor, which anyone not into archery won't know is.....its almost like being rested, holding a bow out with one hand trying to aim it seems like it would be hard but its like a little piece of stability heaven when you draw that thing back and tuck into your anchor....doing the kind of shooting i've been doing with rifles lately i have no problem saying that there is no way i can hold a crosshair through my riflescope on target freehand as steady as i can hold a pin on target with my compound bow....so once again, thank god you can rest crossbows or they might just be a waste of time

only when i'm rested over a pack or bipod etc. with my rifle can i get as steady or steadier than i am at full draw with my bow

then there's the 'yeah but you can't hold your bow for as long as you can lay prone and wait' argument etc. but then we get back to the 99% hunter vs 1% tool.....if this difference was such a deal breaker then harvest stats would show it....but they don't.....so there

how many more of these silly little arguments can i rebuttle here before they take off again? i'm sure one or two more edits might be coming as i think of the usual rebuttles to come