View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood1 View Post
A further plunder of OUR resources. I find it hard to believe that there is no commercial market for burbot, I think it is greed and laziness by the commercial fisherman. Likely, not worth the time to find a market and lower prices than whitefish or walleye.
I know I could find a commercial market for these fish in about a few minutes and there would be good money in it,.....BUT WHY would I want another species to be exploited commercially to the point of the recreational fisherman being limited in what they can catch and the resource exploited to the point that you cannot find them anymore or keep them (like walleye). The less netting/commerical fishing the better in my opinion.

So I will give no hints or contribute as to how to make burbs commercial on this site. I would advise the rest of us to do the same, please.

You know the funny thing is that burb spawns provide a food source for the whites that they are after and probably make it easier/more productive for them to net them as they concentrate in those burb spawning areas.

The main point is to that this waste and slaughter needs to stop. Just as wasting game animal meat is illegal, so should this.