View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 08:00 PM

The Browning's are garbage and the Rem AK Ti is way too expensive. If I was to pay that much money for a rifle, I'd do it a different way. It is nice though, and it sure is light.

I'm shooting a Sako 85 Finnlight in .300 WSM right now and couldn't be happier... But your 5.5 lb weight class, I don't think is attainable from a factory rifle. Never weighed the Sako, but it's light enough that I don't notice it on my pack, on the steep stuff and it shoots like a dream.

The Kimber Montana is close, and I've heard that quality is improving somewhat with them- so you might want to check one out and see if you like it. Just don't try bending it over your knee to load it, it's a bolt action, and no musket barrels are available as an option.

The M70 featherweight is also very close and is another real nice rifle, but due to the status if the company, this rifle is not widely availabe anymore so it would take a bit of time at the laptop to track one down.

The T3 is nice and light, but it's a standard length action, and I've never been satisfied with the scope mounting systems that are available for it.

I too will be hunting white sheep in the near future, most likely in the Brooks, and will be taking my Finnlight.