Thread: Sheep Part 3
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 06:35 PM
sheephunter

[QUOTE=sheepguide;512779][QUOTE=sheephunter;512755]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepguide View Post

I faught elk and stuff in the mountain zones because they said there is a population problem. How does limiting the number of bulls increase the population? And then they put out some years over a hundred bull tags. How does that help. Look at most mountain zones now... no increase. In most it was a steady decline still. The hunters dont kill the cows in the zones I hunt, if the population was there reason then predators should have been number 1. Just like everyone said here about sheep.

I feel the population of sheep could be better but options im supporting on this thread is for a more mature bunch of Rams if I was going hard for a larger population id be trying to go with what is killing your reproducing animals(ewes).
SG
Oh, so you fought it because they were trying to create a more mature age structure in bulls? Now that makes sense. So much different than your position on sheep Come on Darcy, that is the classic NIMBY response.

No arguement about predators, we've agreed on that all along but elk, moose, deer populations were suffering. No one has said sheep are.