Thread: Sheep Part 3
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishootbambi View Post
sigh...i am not surprised in the least that you still dodge a straight question. i am still not surprised at your attempt to deflect attention from the fact that you have not brought an idea of your own to any of the 3 threads about sheep and sheep hunting. wishing to manage predators is great and wanting to improve sheep habitat is great. so how is that done? oops another question. oh well, ill give it a shot anyway. are you suggesting hauling in a load of John Deeres and laying seed for miles of alfalfa in the middle of the wilmore? i reckon some controlled burns would be better myself. how about predators? my sheep died 21 km from my vehicle according to my gps. seems that it should be no trouble for a few guys to go in for an afternoon of wolf shooting. maybe the outfitters up there could tap into the cougar population there instead of cruising the roads for kitty tracks. im not saying that predator control and habitat improvement isnt a good idea, but how the heck do you do it in areas that arent so accessible to the average guy? maybe the government guys could shoot them from the helicopter like they did with the deer cull. please explain your plan.....we would all like to hear it.
and as for agreeing with me rich....you already did. you said in "sheep on a draw" if i remember right that a draw is the only sure way to increase the age structure and size of rams. i dont want to go through that many pages to find it so be a big boy and admit it.
Aww, now your just being grumpy there little fella, obtuse isn't a good look for you. You playing stupid, while very realistically done about how to do predator control or habitat management isn't very fitting for someone who claims so much knowledge and experience in these sheep matters.
Be pi$$y all you want I'll still be the first one at any meeting standing up and arguing against your draconian hunter management plans.
Get over it bambi I'm never going to agree to manage hunters with you. Yes I know that managing predators and habitat are the harder path but are also the best path for the health of the herd. It is funny that you are so stuck on taking the easy way out, just like sheep hunting the easiest isn't always the best.
I did say that a draw was the only way to control how many sheep were killed, I also said I was against it as most would never hunt a sheep again.