Thread: Sheep Part 3
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 08:15 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepguide View Post
No one through out credentials. They voiced opinions on personal experience and gave backing on beleifs with that personal experience which is both logical and reasoned. Just because it didnt come from a study or documented fact doesnt mean that members on this forum dont know what is going on out there. Many of them probably more so than any Bio that is working these sheep studies. I know many old timers that have watched sheep herds since the 60's in many different zones not just sheep river and ram mountain they are the ones that have seen the rise and fall of the predator poulations and how weather has effected the animals . These observations are prudent to discussions like this and in the deciding of how things have changed. To say that this experience isnt relative is total the wrong way of thinking. These are the thoughts and observations they we need. Thats all the Bios are doing is documenting observations!

He can ignore me but what I stated are the facts that many on here feel and he cant ignore that.

SG

I couldn't agree more SG.....but some people speak from experience and some people speak about experience. I give the ones that talk from experience a lot of credence. The ones that speak about not so much. Most old timers that speak from experience don't worry about telling you that they've hunted every inch of the province or what holes they've packed out of or what drainages they've hunted. They just figure that people know they are talking from experience. I find most people do.