Thread: Sheep Part 3
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 07:52 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepguide View Post
My point is that it was just a suggestion that I put forth in our previous thread and got more or less told I was an idiot because I thought there could be and older herd than what we have now. I was argued with by many including yourself and now have you agreeing with me.
!!
I never argued that you couldn't have an older herd in a non-hunting area...Geist's study proved that in the 60s. Darcy, sometimes I think you are so eager to argue with me that you totally glance over what I post. Slow down a bit and actually read what I post...it'll save Rob a ton of bandwidth. What I actually posted and I'm sure you can go back and confirm is that ram mortality is high in hunted populations, basically we lose 50% of an age class every year after 7 or 8. At least that's what I was told by a very knowledgeable sheep bio. I'm quite familiar with Geist's mortality studies and didn't just suddenly agree with you....... You were the one that actually scoffed at Geist's study and now you are using as proof of your point......come on man.......I brought up Geist's study in the first place.......