View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 09:47 AM

I was there on Thursday and I must admit it was a little pricy, what with parking $12 (I could have taken the train), $12 admission ($10 with a win card or proof of; ie fishing licence), bought the latest 2 issues of A.O. $5, a cheepo pair of binoculars (10x25, actually quite clear and pocket size)$10, saw the blue bikini ( stuffing and all, very distracting ) that I have seen on just about any public beach I've had the pleasure to be on, and my real splurge, $20 (I was going give $10 but I didn't have any change) donated to the wild bird folks down Lethbridge way, ( where else would a person be able to touch/pet an actual live golden eagle, or have a real live burrowing owl sit on your hand be able to pet it?). It was fairly quiet mid afternoon, and you may not be able to get that close all weekend, but even so you won't often get that close to those or any of the other owls or the kestrel.

$57 total. I could have spent more on raffle tickets etc., but that was enough. The birds of prey alone were worth it for me. Some other things, take it or leave it. It's all what YOU make it!!