View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingshotz View Post
How long did Midnapore net for? Did they show any results from the netting activites? And why did they stop? Do they stock the lake with the same size trout as Sundance to ensure better survival?

Just wondering as we are thinking of moving there
I don't have the exact effort that they made but the earlier lake manager was a strong proponent of netting. The new guy told me he wanted to protect the perch and stop netting and promoting their capture. He would not listen to the information. As they did not want my advice or help I have not done any more work with them. I would call the Midnapore Lake office and ask specific questions about how they are controlling perch numbers in order to not ruin trout fishing in the future. Maybe if a few prospective buyers asked this question of their real estate agents and the lake they would realize the fishing is a very important aspect of why people are buying into these communities. Asking the buying agent and selling agent and asking them to also phone the lake to inquire is good.

A couple years ago some buddies said they saw the odd big perch there...but I believe people may just not be a good at targetting them as we have become in Sundance. I should go over there and try and catch them some day.