View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 03:50 PM
Banned

Default ever been scared while hunting??

just wanted to share a story and see if anyone has any stories of the similar nature??

was out hunting up north of grande prairie with a couple buddies doing the old sit and wait on a cutline thing... hunting for elk... 2 moose and a mulie buck step out on the line... whatever they were fun to watch and i took a few snapshots of them... but no elk.... so its getting dark and i wait till almost sundown and start making my way back... walking slowly and quietly still hoping smth might come out on my 1.5 km journey back to the lease sight... when i hear smth behind me... take a look back nthn... so keep walking... look back again and see 2 wolves cross the line in oppossite directions behind me just looking at me... so i pick up my pace a bit more and keep walking... look behind again and there is 5 of them coming down the line straight at me... by this time i know they are following me maybe just checking me out so i stop and give a little shout but they keep coming ... they are about 100 yds off by this time .. so i turn and keep walking looking over my shoulder they keep getting closer and by this time they are within 50 yds... so i stop and decide im gonna take some definative action and pick up a stick to throw.. so i throw it and yell at them ... mustve been hungry they still keep sniffing and coming so i climb up this fallen tree and sit on the roots that were still full of dirt... well the lead wolf came to within 10 yds of me ... ill never forget the colour of its eyes ... i truly beleive they were after me... long story short i had to down the lead wolf and the rest just scattered... my buddy wont live it down saying i was treed by a wolf... but that dang wolf weighed more than i did

Last edited by lilsundance; 01-23-2010 at 07:10 PM.