View Single Post
Old 05-10-2024, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerhunter View Post
I am willing to spend up to $3K but would rather spend around $2K I don't really want a very big large unit like I have seen. The mid size versions would be suitable.

The Yoder looks good but yes that looks like it's out of my budget.
You may want to look at what I have based on that info. Did not need the big one either but wanted some quality around 2k.
Bought the Traeger Ironwood 650. Came in around 1800 bucks. What I like is it is not the Timberline nor the price but has most of the features. Big to me was the extra side insulation as I smoke in all seasons and the down draft exhaust is nice as it is not effected by the wind as much as the regular vertical exhaust.
Temps seem to fluctuate more with wind than temp on some smokers but mine stays quite true as I measure with a second probe on most cooks.
The wifi for overnight smokes is AWESOME. I know a guy who has a Broil king and he never liked his app with the wifi.
As far as size on the two grates, I had 3 13 pound pork buts on last summer for my wife big 50 as we had 60 people in the back yard and there were leftovers. I could have put one more of about 10 pounds on if needed .
Lot of food!!!!!

Did a 21 pound brisket during the winter with -45 with windchill and it never missed a beat and was actually done on regular time but I dried it out thinking I needed way more time as for the extreme conditions. No one complained as we ate brisket and beers in the -40's!!!!

Have owned mine about 18 months now and have burned 500 pounds of pellets so it gets used!!!!!
Spoiled myself as I have a Napoleon prestige grill for the quick during the week stuff but I know these will last and get their use.
PM if you have questions . Happy to help!!!! Smoke on!!!!