View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer View Post
If I had listened to the Naysayers I never would have Hunted & earned My Goat in BC. I started on message Boards looking for help on Where & How to be able to hunt what i wanted most , A Mountain Goat.
Sorry my pics were taken Old school and i dont have a scanned photo in the field,however i have an Old one of him on my wall. No Monster but the memories I made and friend made i could not put a price on, But I got him and it only cost me my travel expenses ,Hunting licence,tag,royalties for about $1000. Then taxidermy fees here.

The first year i hunted Goats in BC we came home empty handed for Goats because the Grizzlies there were hanging to close to camp,However i did take My first Black Bear. I went back for a color phase 3 years ago and connected again.

Oh Oh lets see,I would love to hunt Mountain Caribou....I shot the worlds smallest and Andy who i invited along took a B&C Bou.

Oh Oh there was that time I may have been invited on a Coastal Grizzly hunt because my new friend was drawn. Again something i would not have been able to without the original questioning on a message Board. All done within the law and within the means of what we could afford.We travelled by Jet Boat ,slept in it,cooked on it.

Dang then there was the time time a new friend came out for Antelope this Fall.
These guys were not rich either and if it was reward to see their smiling faces and hear their hunting stories in camp then i guess i must have broke the law.
The system we have is great and without abuse it should continue to work for others wanting the same for years to come.

Fantastic post springer ... I hope to much of the same in my lifetime. Nothing wrong with becoming friends and sharing experiences outdoors. Gotta love the internet. It really as shame that money has to come before passion in some cases.