View Single Post
Old 05-01-2024, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdseye View Post

Its not rocket science,if you can pull a loaded round and weigh the charge can tell you if it isand how much it is over any listed weights in the manual.Id deff check it ever for peace of mind,then depending on results email the manufacturer or at least stop using the ammo all together.But by all means you can not weigh it and keep shooting it,best if luck.
The only thing weighing a factory charge will tell you is the weight of the particular powder the manufacturer used in that lot of powder , that's it.
Conoaring the weight to any load book will tell you nothing really, as the particular lots numbers of powders that are used in mass producing ammo are often completly different than what are sold to hand loaders .
Having relatives in the industry in ammunition manufacturing and wholesale powder distributing taught me many things over the years about cannister, bulk, and retail powders as well as the manufacturing processes themselves.
Many loading systems in fact cannot be replicc ated by home hand loaders , the type used for Hornady's Superperformace ammo is one for example.
Cat