View Single Post
Old 04-29-2024, 11:32 PM

Just a minor update. Less than 5 months away and counting...

I replaced the shocks on my truck (installed Bilstein 4600s), and replaced all tires (including spare) with Toyo Open Country A/T III. Installing mud flaps this week (www.ultimateflaps.com) as supposedly the Toyo tires are stone-ejecting and I've already heard stones whacking the undercarriage. Getting alignment done this Thursday. I didn't realize that a F350 DRW with a crew cab and long-bed requires a special set of equipment to get the alignment done. Found a tire shop about 40 miles away that has the equipment to get it done.

Driving out to Kansas this Friday to pick up our new pup (GSP). She's 8 months old and just finishing up her training.

PT-wise I'm up to 5 miles/day walking in my boots. I'm looking to be at 10 miles/day when I leave for Manning.

When I get back from Kansas I'll be heading to the range for some target practice. I've never had a moose in my riflescope, so I purchased one of these:

Life Size Animal Targets - Moose

I've built a simple frame setup for it that allows me to hang it on a frame that I built. It's 4' x 8' in size and comes with target repair stickers.

Wife says I'm totally over-the-top with this. The way I see it, I'm reciting The Shepherd's Prayer - (Allen Shepherd, Mercury Astronaut aboard Freedom 7 "Dear Lord, please don't let me **** up"). Target is full size at about 150 yards. Shows me where to place shots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG6iov3pp80&t=28s

That's it for now. Gonna start wetting my pants again with all the excitement! LOL

Last edited by A207X2; 04-29-2024 at 11:43 PM.